Do you want to be the next top model? Do you want to represent Canada at international pageants? If you answered “yes” to either of these questions, then definitely continue reading and I will be introducing a brand new competition, the 2014 Top Model Search Canada.
Top Model Search Canada is a new competition launched by MTC-W Inc. this year, and is also a sister contest of Miss Teenage Canada. Created to give young women the perfect opportunity to meet industry professionals to upstart their modelling careers, TMSC offers the best of both worlds by being a model search AND a pageant.
“We conduct this search every year, if you think you’ve got what it takes, we want to hear from you. We want to see you strut your stuff, challenge your limits and become the best you can be. The winner each year will have the unique opportunity to travel, meet agents, build their portfolio and train with the best.” – TMSC website
What do you gain by entering?
- You will be taught the basics of the modelling industry.
- You will meet international industry professionals from Milan/Paris/Asia that will include, but not limited to: agents, scouts, models, makeup/hair/wardrobe stylists, photographers, voice coaches, etc.
- You will attend workshops that will cover topics including, but not limited to: runway skills, camera movement, makeup application, hair styling, how to make good first impressions, wardrobe coordination, public speaking, etiquette, how to book jobs, confidence building, etc.
- You will make friends and have an experience you will never forget.
- You will leave knowing what it takes to be a TOP MODEL!
What does it mean to “win”?
There are actually THREE titles and crowns to be awarded to the TOP 3 girls, who will represent Canada at an international pageant or modelling contest such as:
- Miss Supranational in Poland: November 16th to December 5th, 2014
- Miss Intercontinental in Tala Bay (Aqaba), Jordan: October 6th to 27th, 2014
- Top Model of the World location & date TBA (It might be the exquisite Egypt again!)
If you win, you will be awarded with over $15000 in cash prizes and scholarships. You might be signed with one of the top modelling industries in the world, and you will be booked on modelling jobs, movies, commercials, music videos, magazines, and more! As the winner, be prepared to travel lots for red carpet events and international competitions. You will also get to expand your portfolio with photographers and agents.
You will be a shining star of our generation! Start working towards your dreams NOW before it is too late!
My best advice to anyone who wants to join is DON’T BE AFRAID AND BE YOURSELF. It may sound cheesy but it is really true if you want to get the best out of your experience. Don’t be discouraged if you do not win. The contest WILL teach you other important life skills that you will need and it WILL open doors for you even if you do not take home the crown! Make friends and learn from others while you can. Maybe you will meet the next Karlie Kloss or, even better, maybe you will BE the next Karlie Kloss!
How can you apply?
There are only two weeks left to apply for this year’s TMSC! The competition goes on from August 12th to 17th, 2014 in Toronto, Ontario, and 40+ finalists will be chosen! If you are interested, make sure to check out the Top Model Search Canada website, Facebook page, and Twitter for their newest updates, and you can click on the button below or email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply!
- Age: 17 to 26
- Height: 5’7 and over (because this is a modelling competition, height is important)
- Experience: NONE! All girls are welcomed!
If you are under 5’7 and between the age of 13 to 19, you can also check out Miss Teenage Canada!
Ariel Jingjing Cao
~ muah <3 ~