The point of this post is to discuss “life” in general, even though it may seem like the title has nothing to do with “life.”
I was recently inspired from a thought-provoking question brought up by my English teacher, Mr. Roberts, after studying various works of literature and trying to learn a little more on the human condition.
The question was: Ultimately, what exactly are we living for?
Interestingly, my English teacher answered, “to die.”
Do not get me wrong but he did not say this to encourage us to commit suicide. Rather, he said it to force us to see that we should enjoy living our lives before it is too late, and we should do things actually of value.
At least I think that was what he meant. 😛
So, I realized that I might need to rewire my brain a little bit because I felt like I, often times, do not appreciate what I have. With all the school and work I am beginning to forget that there is more to life than being a nerd.
I became aware that if I want to enjoy what I do, the people around me must have fun as well, because it can be quite awkward when I am just laughing alone.
I came to the conclusion that living a happy life is a result of making others happy, which is a result of being awesome to the people around me.
I believe that one should spread their happiness to the people around them in order to create a more harmonious world.
So, I devised ten short and simple tips to both you and to me on how to be awesome, because who doesn’t want to be happy?
- Smile and laugh. This method works too, too well.
- Give out compliments. We all love receiving compliments but, hey, we will not receive any if we do not give them out.
- Say hello to nature. Be green and save our planet from being destroyed. We do not want the next generation to hate on us.
- Sleep, eat healthy and exercise. This is for maintaining a strong body, and to protect us from diseases. (Diseases = tears in your eyes. Nope. I bet you do not want that.)
- Volunteer around the community and assist those who need help.
- Take a step back and try to see the world from a different perspective, like how you would when admiring paintings. You may be surprised at what you find, and this gives you more ideas on how to make the world a better place.
- Make friends, so you have people to share your happiness.
- That being said, spending some quality time with your friends and families would probably be a good idea and try to step away from the digital world.
- Forgive. Release all that hate and be a peaceful human being.
- Be yourself. Diversity is what gives the “fun” factor to Earth.
There are lots more ways to be awesome and happy, so choose whatever that works best for you. Feel free to let me know in the comment section below, or find me through the magical wonderlands such as Facebook and Twitter.
“Don’t judge me. I was born to be awesome, not perfect.” – Unknown, but cheers to whoever said this.
Your awesome-est friend,
Ariel Jingjing Cao
~ muah <3 ~